Many paved trail projects require multiple sources of funding to become a reality. This typically includes local government budgeting, private donations, and state and/or federal funds.
At Snyder & Associates, we have experience working with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Iowa Department of Transportation, Iowa Economic Development Authority, Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation, dozens of County Conservation agencies along with cities and counties across Iowa to plan and construct trails using various grant funds.
We have substantial experience writing and administering grants through programs to help garner funding.
Here is a list of the most common state and federal funding programs:
- Federal Recreational Trails Program (applications due October 1)
- Statewide Transportation Alternatives Program (applications due October 1)
- Community Attraction & Tourism (applications due October 15)
- State Recreational Trail Funding (applications due July 1)
- Regional Transportation Alternatives Program (application due dates vary)
We provide services for both the grant application and administration process, including:
- Write or review of applications
- Sketch/concept plans
- Location maps
- Cross sections
- Cost opinions
- Project schedules
- Tracking expenditures, budgets, and matching funds
- Following state or federal reporting requirements
- Following state or federal processes during property acquisitions, engineering design, and construction