The ASCE Iowa Section annual meeting and conference program highlights include an update on ASCE leadership and initiative, a panel discussion about project and program management, the Annual Business meeting, and a project presentation about the Iowa Section Project of the Year.
Each year, Iowa Section members are encouraged to nominate fellow members and projects for the awards showcased.
Andy Burke, PE, of Snyder & Associates, was presented the Associate Member of the Year award.
“We are very proud of Andy and his accomplishments. His strong attention to detail and work ethic has led to numerous successful outcomes on complicated and challenging projects. Congratulations on your award Andy!” – Richard M. Voelker, PE, Transportation Business Unit Leader
This recognition is awarded annually to a member of the Iowa Section of ASCE who:
- is less than 35 years of age on June 1 of the year of the award
- and who has been an Associate Member for at least three years
- and who is judged to have attained significant professional achievement, by the degree to which the candidate has shown:
- Service to the advancement of the profession
- Evidence of technical competence, high character and integrity
- Leadership in the development of younger member attitudes towards the profession
- Contributions to public service outside of their professional career
- Other evidence of merit which has advanced the objectives