The Iowa Engineering Society PE Leadership Institute was established in 2013 and continues to grow each year. As the only leadership class in Iowa focused on the practicing professional engineer, this unique learning experience is offered to select group of IES members. The PE Leadership Institute provides practicing professional engineers the leadership skills needed to succeed in their profession.
The program is designed for an engineer with seven to ten years of professional experience, and the course covers the following topics:
- Dialogue with other key leaders in the engineering community
- Appling what they learned to enhance their own personal leadership skills
- Shaping the future of the engineering profession in Iowa
- Using what they have learned to benefit their employer, profession, and career
- Exploring ways to inspire and motivate others
Two Snyder & Associates’ employees graduated from the program this year: Andy Burke and Garrett Reeder.